Why PADI Divemaster?
Your professional diving career will start here! This is the first step to enable you to work closely with Padi Instructors and assist teaching courses and guide qualified divers. You will expand you dive knowledge and enhance your skills to a professional level.
PADI Divemaster training develops your leadership abilities, qualifying you to supervise dive activities and assist instructors with student divers.
PADI Divemaster is the prerequisite certification for both the PADI Assistant Instructor and PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor certifications.
What do I need to start?
To take this course, you must be:
- 18 years old
- A PADI Advanced Open Water Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organization)
- A PADI Rescue Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organization)
- An Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care (or qualifying first aid and CPR training from another organization) course completion within the past 24 months.
- Have at least 40 dives to begin the course and 60 for certification
- Be fit for diving and submit a Medical Statement (PDF) signed by a physician within the last 12 months.
What will I do?
Throughout the course you will develop diving knowledge to instructor level through independent study and classroom discussions. Also you will addresses attitudes, judgement, customer service, business and operational challenges. Watermanship and stamina are evaluated together with diving skills, which will be developed to demonstration quality. You will complete a rescue evaluation and underwater mapping exercise as well as demonstrating their skills in dive planning and leadership. Candidates will take part in a Search and Recovery and Deep Diving Scenario.
How long will it take?
The Divemaster course can be completed in as little as 14 days. We recommend taking two to three weeks to complete this first professional level in diver training and gain as much experience as possible
What will I need?
The PADI Divemaster crewpack which includes:
- PADI Divemaster Manual
- Divemaster slates
- PADI Instructor Manual
- The Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving – a comprehensive overview of diving physics, physiology, and equipment
- Scuba Tune-up Guidebook
- PADI Professional Log
- DSD Cue Cards
- PADI Pro Bag
- PADI Divemaster Application package
You also have the option to take Divemaster Online and purchase the Divemaster eLearning Crew-Pak.
Where can I go from here?
Completion of this course qualifies the candidate to attend either a PADI Assistant Instructor (AI) course or a PADI Instructor Development Course (IDC) which eventually leads to the certification as a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor.
How much will it cost me?
|Dive Master Course|